Monday, June 16, 2014

Cosplay Ground

Cosplay is short for “Costume play”. It is playing the role by sporting a popular character’s clothes and accessories. I can’t recall how many occasions call for me to dress-up in costume but my most recent attempts were for our office parties. I always welcome cosplays because it is a creative exercise that can test your resourcefulness and imagination.

There’s something about being in character that makes cosplay moments memorable. I always smile whenever I see these photos:

Filipiana Fever with my Breakfast Club
Costume costs me an arm and a leg when I needed it for just 1 event, that’s why from then on I try to invent occasions to use it.

 
Dora The Explorer
In a hurry to find a cartoon character costume. I thought it was pure genius to be Dora because all I have to do is wear a pink shirt and tangerine pants. I threw the wig and Bootz stuffed toy in for added effect.



 
 
Santa Clown
I invented this character, while thinking of a unique way to greet our colleagues last Christmas.



 
Rocker
I just thought of anything black and remembered banging my head and sticking my tongue out a lot to play the role. Totally awkward for me!


 
70’s
Someone brought an extra big hair. The hair worked its magic and put me back in the 70’s.


 

Granny Addams
I was 1/6 of the Addams family in this photo. We were following this song “They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky. They're all together ooky, the Addams Family. (snap, snap).”

 

Care to share your cosplay moments?


 


No comments:

Post a Comment